Friday, May 8, 2009

Aloha!

We made it back from Hawaii! It was a wonderful, relaxing trip. We are a little screwed up with the time change, but at least we have the weekend to recover. Recover from vacation. Nice!

We had the most beautiful weather. It was in the 80's with no rain the entire week. Needless to say, we got plenty of sun. So much sun that I am pretty sure I got a heat rash. Not surprising though. This Minnesota girl is not really cut out for that kind of heat...and add being pregnant on top of it! Ha! Of course my husband was in his element enjoying every minute of it.

It was great for him to go back "home". We had a chance to spend a few days with his mom while we were there, which was great. She is thrilled to be a grandmother! We also got to meet up with 3 of his closest friends from high school. One on our layover in Seattle, and the other two in Hawaii. It's been a long time since he has seen a couple of them. Well, it's been 8 years since he has been back to Hawaii, so you do the math. We spent the whole trip on Oahu, which is where he lived. And that was fine with me. There have been a few changes since he has been back, mainly all the new buildings/hotels in Waikiki. Kind of crazy.

We spent most of the rest of our time on the beach. We went snorkeling one day, which was a challenge for me. I am not the greatest swimmer to begin with, but I have this not being able to breathe phobia as well. The mask is supposed to pinch your nose shut and then you put the tube in your mouth and are able to just breathe out your mouth. For whatever reason, it took me a while to get the hang of it and I kept putting my feet or knees down so I could breathe and readjust. I say knees because we were in some really shallow water swimming over the coral reef. So my knees got a little scraped up, but luckily it never broke the skin. Finally, my husband realized that my mask wasn't on quite right so water was getting in my nose. Once that was fixed I FINALLY got the hang of it and was able to actually swim around and enjoy myself. We saw a ton of cool fish. We went to Hanauma Bay where tons of people go to snorkel every day. It was amazing how close we actually got to the fish. Since it was hard enough for me to snorkel, there was no way to be able to take photos as well. Ha ha. So you'll just have to take my word on that!

Anyway, it was a great trip. I actually got some sun and have a bit of a tan. Should be helpful for my sister's wedding next weekend...even though I have tan lines. =) Hopefully I will get around to downloading all of the photos tomorrow. I am going to try to sleep now like normal people do. We'll see how that goes.

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun, glad you had such great weather! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. POST SOME PICS! POST SOME PICS!! We missed you! Glad to hear you had such a great pre-baby vaca! =-)

    ReplyDelete