

Today we decided to try an experiment. Usually when we go to work, Dori gets full reign of the house minus a few closed doors, and poor Mari has to get locked up in the upstairs bathroom. We paper trained her in the bathroom, and so she knew that she could pee in there if she absolutely NEEDED to before we got home. At least then it was on the tile floor and easy to clean up. If we happened to get home from work a little later than normal sometimes she just couldn't hold it long enough so it's hard to punish her when we were the ones that were late.
Since she turned one we decided to see how she would do on her own in the house all day. We closed all possible doors and moved anything that looked fun to chew on...like cords. In the past month, I had to replace my phone charger TWICE because Mari decided it would be fun to chew on the cord.
So...it was our first trial run with both of the dogs out in the house...by themselves...all day long. I ended up going to a business dinner right after work. And Dave decided to go to happy hour. So this meant leaving the dogs alone for even longer!
I was the first one home. I was admittedly nervous walking into the door. I was heartily greeted by both dogs which was very sweet. Mari had her ears down and was so incredibly excited. I wasn't sure if it meant she had been bad or if she was just happy to see me. So I get in the house and turn on all of the lights. I want to see if I can see pee on the floor anywhere. I looked everywhere that she had been able to go and....nothing. Absolutely NOTHING! She was a perfect angel all day. Yay! I was so excited! I showered her with love and praise for being such a good girl.
I guess our little girl has grown up!

awww, what a good girl!! They grow up so fast...hehe :)
ReplyDeleteI love those puppy pictures!! She was so snuggly!
Holy smokes! I can't believe she lasted that long!!! That's awesome for her 1st "free" day!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I would think that 12 hours would be a long time to hold it for the poor little girl! Dori does it all the time with no problems though. It's all in the training!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh those pictures of the puppies are super cute! :) Really makes me want to get a puppy!
ReplyDelete