Friday, November 28, 2008

David's Birthday



I decided to make David a fancy cake for his birthday.  He wanted to have some friends over to cook tempura to celebrate.  Since he was going to do all the cooking, I thought I could at least make a cake!  So I found a bunch of interesting recipes, but settled on a banana sour cream cake with cream cheese frosting.  David loves banana anything, so I figured he would like it.  I purchased a fancy glass pedestal cake stand too so I had a way to display it.  

The cake was a huge success!  It tasted a lot like banana bread with frosting.  I was just happy that David liked it.  

3 comments:

  1. it looks yummy!!! Did he make you a cake today for YOUR birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave looks pretty darn happy about that cake! I'm not even a banana lover, but it does look yummy!!! Can you make me a cake now? By the way.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Late!

    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude...we're still on the birthday cake post?!?!? Come on...where's the next one????? =-)

    ReplyDelete