Fire. Does anyone really ever think that they might be the victim of it? I know I didn't. My dad lost his shop to a fire last night. It broke out around 9 pm. My dad, thankfully was not in it at the time. He is out there most evenings though, so I think someone was looking out for him.
This shop was my dad's prized possession. Being a mechanic is his passion. It's his job, but it's also his hobby. How many people can say that about their job? How many people feel passion for what they do to make a living? My dad's whole life was in this shop. He had just built it in 2006 when him and my mom moved outside of Pine Island. He got to build it exactly how he wanted it.
My dad is one of the hardest working people I know. As a kid I rarely saw him except for at dinner. He worked at a full time job as a mechanic all day, came home for dinner with the family, and then went out into his own shop to work. He worked so hard for us...to be able to give us all the things we wanted. He eventually quit his day job and was able to just work at his own business. Dale's Repair. Dad was ecstatic to be his own boss. He has done so much business over the years. The farmers in the area call all times of day to get his opinion on their tractor. My dad knows his stuff. He's the best in the business.
My heart is breaking for him today. 32 years he's had his business. One fire, and it's all gone. I can't imagine what he feeling right now. But I hope he knows that we are all here to help him through this. We love you, Dad! I know you'll rebuild and Dale's Repair will be better than ever.
I pulled the photo from KTTC News' website. There is a short story on their website.
http://www.kttc.com/Global/story.asp?S=9464786

We are definitely lucky to have such a hardworker for a dad :) And you're right, he is the BEST in the business! I am just numb thinking about the whole thing. Someone at work tonight pulled up the article from the paper, and I got all teared up again. They didnt even realize it was dads, but their hearts still went out to him. I wish there was something I could do to help him. I just feel so helpless. :(
ReplyDeleteSo, so sorry to hear about your dad's shop. My heart is breaking for your parents, especially your dad. Please know that your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
ReplyDelete