No, I am not pregnant. Yes, I am reading a pregnancy book. I've heard good things about Jenny McCarthy's books so I wanted to give them a try. This is the first one. Just wanted to make that clear in case any of you paid attention to what was on my bookshelf. I want to try to read more non-fiction books. I think they might make me sound smarter. And who wouldn't want that?!
I know I'm a little biased being a Rangers fan and all, but I just finished Beyond Belief. The first two chapters are not really well written and I almost gave up on it, but the remainder of the book is awesome. If you're looking for some other non-fiction that won't make people think you're pregnant, then check it out.
ReplyDeleteI have lots of books to recommend ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recommendation, Chris. As you know, I do enjoy baseball...so I might have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteI see you found the cool blog backgrounds too! A girl I work with showed me those...since mine was way too boring before!
ReplyDeleteI thought the Jenny McCarthy books were really cute! I have all 3...Belly, Baby and Life Laughs. They were all pretty good!
ReplyDeleteSomeone needs to show ME the cool blog backgrounds too! C'mon...spill it!
I'm glad you're back to bloggin' Mac! I missed ya! =-)
You'll have to decide for yourself, but I think Belly Laughs was awful. I know she was trying to make it funny and sell books, but I found her humor to be annoying. She's a whiner and complainer. I think the experience with her son's autism diagnosis humbled her greatly. I'm not sure she would be so bitchy if she was penning belly laughs today.
ReplyDelete