Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Christmas Tree



I got home from work on Monday to see a Christmas tree all setup in a stand in our house!  I was thrilled that David had gotten it.  Turns out he got it for free, so that was even better!  There was no time for decorating the tree, but I got all of the pine needles cleaned up.  

Tuesday we got home from work to see dog puke and pine needles everywhere.  The tree was incredibly dry.  And it looks like Mari may have eaten a few too many needles!  David cleaned up the puke and vacuumed needles once again.  Time to change the vacuum cleaner bag!  I checked the water and there was barely any gone.  I would have expected the tree to drink the whole thing on the first day in water.  So...we had to saw the bottom off to give it a fresh cut.  That way it can drink freely.  This was no easy task now that the trunk had been sitting in water and we just had a small saw.  But my strong husband got the job done.  Again...there were pine needles everywhere, so those had to get vacuumed up yet again.

Today, the tree finally drank the water, so that was a good sign.  I cleaned up the pine needles and then decided it was about time we decorated it.  It finally got decorated!  And afterwards I had to clean up more pine needles.  I am thinking that maybe a fake tree would have been a bit easier, but I totally love the smell of the fresh tree!  It's all cleaned up and I got the dogs to pose for a couple of photos!  I need a bit more tinsel...but other than that, it's a done deal!  I am hoping I am done vacuuming for a while now...


3 comments:

  1. pretty tree! And the doggies are poing so nicely!! :) Hopefully they'll stop eating it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. real trees seem like way too much work for me! hehe. ;) It looks pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny that your dogs are so crazy about the tree! I'm thinking that a nice fake one next year would be SO MUCH easier....and cleaner! You did a great job decorating it though! It looks awesome! =-)

    ReplyDelete