Poor Dori had to get her teeth cleaned today. The vet has told us for a while that she needed to get them cleaned, so I finally set up the appointment. They put her out in order to do it so they can really see what they are dealing with. She had a lot of plaque built up. Maybe this will help with her breath too! Pugs have a history of having bad teeth, so this is pretty common for pugs. I am wondering if we should start brushing her teeth on a regular basis now or what. She would totally hate that! As is was, she was shaking like a leaf as soon as we walked into the vet office today. She HATES the vet. She has always been scared there. So then we are standing at the counter getting her checked in, and the cleaning guy comes by to vacuum the rug we were standing on. Um...hello, do you not realize that the other thing my dog hates is the vacuum??? Poor girl. She was traumatized today.
So tonight we just relaxed at home even though we were supposed to have date night. I felt bad leaving Dori alone while she was still so groggy. She has left my side only once...to eat since she didn't get to have breakfast today. She is resting and snuggling with her momma. How dare I take her to the vet and put her through all of that! Mari knows something is up too. She is actually being really nice to Dori and gentle with her. I wish she was like that all the time. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment