Time is flying! Rylee is 6 weeks old and my maternity leave is half over! I have no idea how people go back to work already at this point. She is not on any kind of schedule yet. It would be so hard to stay up until 5 am with her and then try to go to work! I can't even imagine. We are trying to get into a routine, but she sleeps when she wants to sleep. We can usually get about 6 hours of straight sleeping from her, but it always varies as to when she actually does it. We don't have a set bed time or anything yet.
Another thing we need to work on is the bottle feeding. She is not much of a fan. Right now Mama is a comfort to her. She likes to fall asleep sucking. Lucky me! It would help if we got her to like a pacifier so at least she would have something to comfort and soothe her. I've tried pretty much every kind...except Avent. I've talked to 2 moms in the past couple of days that use those so I guess those are our next try! I do like the idea that those have covers, so it makes it easier to keep them clean. I guess we shall see if she likes those. Would be nice to have something other than me that works!
All of her newborn clothes are now too small. Even some 0-3 month stuff is too. My child is growing like a weed! I could tell a definite difference in her weight at about 5 1/2 weeks or so. It was like she had a huge growth spurt. Amazing how fast they grow! So she is now wearing 3 month clothes for the most part. I tried to put her in a few outfits that she hadn't worn yet, but shucks...they were already too small! I should say too short! She has a long torso so those onesies won't snap. I am going to try to do better with the 3 month clothes and make she at least gets to wear everything once!

I love that first picture!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy how quickly they grow out of things! I was so sad Mara never got to wear a couple cute outfits we had for her because I tried them too late and she was already too big!