On Tuesday we woke up to a 53 degree house. Sure...it was still warmer than outside by 75 degrees, but it was cold! I had a headache partly I am guessing because of the temp. I sat on the couch under 2 blankets in front of the fireplace while my wonderful husband swapped out our old school thermostat. It was about time we got around to doing that, but we were hoping it would fix our temp problem. Of course it was not that easy. We still needed to have a furnace guy come to fix the furnace. Turns out we needed a new controller. At least they weren't TOO expensive and he had one on hand.
The furnace is working great and we are now able to program the temp so we can turn it down a bit during the day while we are at work and at night while I sleep next to my own personal furnace. Maybe over time we can actually save the money we spent on the new thermostat. I don't know about you, but this one looks pretty archaic.

(My husband took this photo so you can't actually read the temp.)
Hey - our thermostats look like that! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI should've read the entire post before commenting....great job on replacing the thermostat Davey.
ReplyDelete